Crear House is just under a hundred miles from Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland with international air & rail links. The easiest way to travel is by road.
City Link run a bus service to Lochgilphead, our local town where you can arrange for a taxi to take you onto Crear.
• From Glasgow ... Take the A82 out of Glasgow to Loch Lomond & Tarbet.
• From Glasgow International Airport take the M8 towards the Erskine Bridge. Cross the bridge and pick up to A82 to Loch Lomond & Tarbet.
• In Tarbet turn left onto the A83 to Arrochar & Inveraray.
• In Inveraray take the A83 towards Campbeltown.
• Drive through Lochgilphead & continue on the A83 in the direction of Campbeltown.
• About 2 miles after Ardrishaig, turn sharp right onto the single track B8024 to Kilberry.
Follow this road for 14 miles. After about 13 miles you’ll see Crear’s red roof in the distance on your left & you’ll pass a ruin on your right.
Continue for Crear House which is the left hand turn after you pass Cretshengan Farm. Please note you cannot see Crear House from the bottom of the driveway.